Dear JTCC Community:
The health and safety of everyone who walks through JTCC’s doors is our top priority. There are many questions surrounding Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a wealth of information, which the organization is updating consistently at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html.
The CDC notes that most people in the United States are not at an immediate risk of exposure to the virus and that the virus is not currently spreading widely in the US. Still, outbreaks of the disease are a concern, so there are measures to help keep us healthy. The CDC recommends the following precautionary measures:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
At JTCC, we will disinfect surfaces throughout the facility every few hours, and hand sanitizing stations can be found in each indoor building.
We strongly recommend washing hands after participating in any activity, whether it is in the fitness center, yoga studio, school, or on the court. Coaches, members, students, staff, and guests are advised to avoid high-fives, handshakes, or any other form of physical contact with each other.
Anybody who is ill should stay home, and JTCC coaches will notify parents immediately if a child does not feel well.
Thank you for continuing to practice good hygiene and promoting a healthy environment.
Raymond S. Benton