We are pleased to report that JTCC’s COVID-19 Safety protocols already comply with the latest round of guidelines ordered by the State of Maryland and Prince George’s County. JTCC has been proactive and progressive in implementing the following policies and procedures which directly address the new orders:
- Mask wearing required throughout the facility unless playing or teaching on court.
- Social distancing mandated in all areas of facility and grounds.
- Program sizes and ratios limited to improve spacing and to lower capacity.
- Classes are being taught outdoors whenever weather and lighting conditions permit.
- Have reduced indoor occupancy to exceed government standards for indoor tennis buildings:
- The government COVID standard capacity is 155 people per indoor tennis building or 14 people in the space of one tennis court. JTCC is at or below 35% of the governmental standard and a maximum 50% of our normal program occupancy.
- Government standard for indoor occupancy is 200 sq. ft. per person. JTCC has reduced occupancy to 1000 sq. ft per person.
- Removed all seating and seating areas throughout the facility
- Chairs may be checked out from the front desk and are sanitized upon return.
- Adjusted and staggered many program times to limit participant crossover.
- Closed lockers and showers in locker room to limit close contact.
- Set restroom policy to one person at a time.
- Limited fitness center usage to a maximum of two people per reserved time slot.
- Limited back office staff to reduce building capacity with majority of administrative staff working remotely.
- Limited parents and spectators in or at facility by asking parents to drop off players and remain off grounds to limit facility capacity.
- Constructed additional training spaces to accommodate training while increasing spacing of players.
JTCC Reservations Required: All activities require prior reservations. There are no “walk-ons” permitted for any activities at JTCC.
JTCC Arrival Policy: We ask that you do not arrive yourself or drop off participants more than five minutes before scheduled reservations, lessons or classes. Please do not enter any buildings until the start of your reservation or class.
JTCC Departure Policy: Please depart JTCC within five minutes of completion of your activities. When leaving the indoor courts, we ask that you exit through the double doors at the ends of the buildings. These doors will take you to the front or back parking lots. This exit plan is implemented to control traffic flow and crossover of people.
As always, the safety of our members is our #1 priority both on and off the court. Please help keep JTCC safe by following JTCC policies and procedures so that we can keep playing and enjoying the game during these uncertain times. We are all in this together, and we thank you for your trust and your help in creating a safe environment for all.
The JTCC Team